Quick Links
Main Navigation

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

Keep Yourself Informed!

We have a variety of ways to keep informed on school happenings. We encourage you to utilize any or all of these:

You already know about the district website, since you're here!  This is a good place to start for many types of information. You’ll find an activity calendar and menus for lunch and breakfast. The complete Board of Education Policy is here, as well as the Student Handbook. The Counselor page has a lot of good information, including ACT Testing; A+ Program; Jr. High / High School Class Schedule and Scholarship information. Each month, a color version of the school newspaper “Barks ‘n’ Growls” is posted. Be sure to check back often for all this and much more!

Also, on this website is a link to PowerSchool, our student information system. By utilizing this link, parents can access individual student information. A parent can check student attendance, current grades and lunch balances. If you have already been using this feature, your login information has not changed. If you need login information, just call the school and we’ll give it to you.

The school has a Facebook page which is used for several types of announcements. There is a link to this page on the district website, or you can search on your Facebook page for Ballard RII School District. We use the Facebook page to share reminders for upcoming events, announcements, fun things happening at school, etc. Click “Like” on the school’s Facebook page to receive posts in your own news feed.

We have two text notification groups available (Remind). To join the High School group with a  smartphone (Open your web browser and go to the following link: rmd.at/ballardhig; then follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app.) If you don’t have a smartphone, get text notifications by Texting the message @ballardhig to the number 81010. (school closings and other allschool info). To join the Elementary School group with a smartphone (Open your web browser and go to the following link: rmd.at/ballardele; then follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app.) If you don’t have a smartphone, get text notifications by Texting the message @ballardele to the number 81010. Information provided by this service will include: school closings, activities, athletics, and other all-school info).

As much as possible, urgent notifications are shared all three ways: www.ballardr2.net, Facebook, and text message. Less urgent items may be shared on the website and/or Facebook page, but not by text. The more options you utilize, the more informed you’ll be!