Scholarships will be listed as completely as possible and updated as information is received. As always, if the information is unclear or if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact Mrs. Bridges. When possible, we'll include links to websites and/or links to separate documents with more complete information. Current year scholarship opportunities are arriving daily. If you see ** by a name or deadline, it is still last year's information. Watch this page often for updated information.
This page will always be a work-in-progress, as new information is received throughout the year. Check back often to see what's new. Also, information for many of these is available in the Counselor's office. Several applications are available to you on the Ballard R-2 School network, Student / Segregated / Seniors / Scholarships.
There are obviously many more scholarships out there than we are aware of. Utilize internet search engines and look under several different criteria to see what is available.
Search engines and resources to try:
Remember…DO NOT PAY MONEY OR GIVE CREDIT CARD INFO! There are plenty of FREE reputable sites.
College Database: http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/missouri/
Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation http://www.cksf.org/index.cfm?Page=Scholarships Register and complete quizzes to win scholarship money
**Adrian Bank Scholarship – Deadline April 24, 2015**
- A copy of your resume, or complete info on application. (If you do not have one, see Mrs. Bridges for a sample.)
- A signed copy of your High School Transcript. (see Mrs. Bridges)
- Completed applicaton.
Mail items to the Adrian Bank, Attention: Cary Six, P.O. Box 127, Adrian, MO 64720.
**Adrian Optimists Scholarship – 1-$1000 & 4-$500 scholarships will be awarded. One of these will be to a Ballard student. Application available on the Ballard R-2 network in your Senior folder. Deadline April 10, 2015**.
Ballard Booster Club - Deadline is April 15, 2016. - Application
**Ballard CTA - $250 - Application
Ballard/Johnstown Alumni - Check with the Counselor for application. Deadline is April 15, 2016.
Ballard Staff Scholarship - Essay forms will be distributed to all interested Seniors.
Bates County Elks- Check with the Counselor
Bates County Cattleman - Deadline May 1, 2016. PDF Application & Instructions
Bates County Youth Advocacy - The Bates County Youth Advocacy Council will offer two $500 scholarships. This scholarship is intended to financially support Bates County high school seniors who wish to attend post-secondary education.
- The student must reside in Bates County, Missouri
- The student must plan to attend trade school, technical school, beauty college, college or other approved post-secondary education.
- The student must fill out the BCYAC Scholarship Application in full, with accurate information.
- The student must include two letters of reference (one from a school related source and one from a non-family, community source).
- The Student’s application and two letters of reference must be received by April 15, 2016.
- The student must mail the completed BCYAC Scholarship Application and two letters of reference to BCYAC at the following address:
Bates County Youth Advocacy Council
P. O. Box 466
Butler, MO 64730
Or scan and email to email@example.com
Fairview Baptist Church – Membership
Nadine Meade Scholarship – Check with the Counselor
MFA Foundation – Deadline March 16, 2016 - Check with the Counselor for application.
National Honor Society – NHS Members eligible; determined by vote of teachers.
Rep. Randy W. Pike Memorial Scholarship - $500. A recipient must attend and graduate from a District 126 High School from either Bates or Vernon counties to be eligible. Criteria is 3.0 GPA with plans to attend a technical school, community college, or four-year college in the Fall of 2016. Deadline is April 15, 2016. PDF Application
Seth Thomas Memorial Scholarship –$500 to be awarded at the Bates County Fair. Preference will be given to individuals pursuing an education and career in agriculture. Deadline for applications is June 1, 2016. - Info & PDF Application
GENERAL SCHOLARSHIPS (Multiple fields of study or not-specific)
4-H Scholarship - http://4h.missouri.edu/foundation/scholarships/ Applications are accepted after Jan. 1, and are due with a postmark date of April 1 to the state 4-H office. County due date for applications may be earlier than the April 1 state deadline. After county approval and signature, your application will be mailed to the state 4-H office by the county. Sixty scholarships are available, each ranging from $500 to $2,500. One scholarship application permits the applicant to be considered for any available scholarships, subject to conditions specified by the donor.
A+ Scholarship - 2 years tuition for Missouri Community College - Must complete the local high school A+ program - http://dhe.mo.gov/ppc/grants/aplusscholarship.php
Abbott & Fenner Scholarship - Application - Due June 10, 2016
AWARD VALUE: $1,000
Abbott & Fenner are committed to continuing our efforts at helping those who have the desire and ambition to succeed.
The winner(s) of this annual scholarship will receive their award within 2 weeks of the listed deadline. All applicants should include their full name and mailing address with their submissions.
The A&F Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution.
Application Procedure for 2016
To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay on the topic below. The essay should be between 500 and 1000 words. Your submissions must be sent to us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Describe your educational career and life goals. Explain your plan for achieving these goals. Include your degree/major, why you selected it, and how this degree/major will help you achieve your goals
Access Missouri - Needs based grant based on FAFSA information - http://dhe.mo.gov/ppc/grants/accessmo.php
AES Engineering Solutions Scholarship - http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm AES Engineering is pleased to be able to continue offering scholarships to motivated students to help in the furthering of their education. Our belief is that achieving a high grade point average should not be the only criteria for determining who deserves to be helped. For that reason we are offering a scholarship that will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by an evaluation of the essays that are submitted. Scholarships are intended for our future leaders across a wide spectrum of fields of study. This award is available to high school seniors and all students attending a post secondary educational facility. You are not required to be taking Engineering courses to be eligible. The October deadline has passed for 2016 graduates. 2017 graduates need to check the above link in late summer or early fall of 2016.
American Legion Scholarships - http://www.legion.org/scholarships Several offered, to include:
· The American Legion Legacy Scholarship for children whose parents have been killed while serving our country http://www.legion.org/scholarships/legacy
· The American Legion Baseball Scholarship http://www.legion.org/scholarships/baseball
· **The Charles L. Bacon Memorial Scholarship - Due April 20, 2015** - Two awards of $500 are given annually in memory of the first Missourian to serve as National Commander of The American Legion. Eligible are individuals who are currently members of The American Legion, The American Legion Auxiliary, or the Sons of The American Legion, or a descendant* of a member of any thereof. PDF Application
· The Samsung American Legion Scholarship for students who attended The American Legion Boys State or Auxiliary Girls State program and are a direct descendant or a legally adopted child of a wartime veteran who served on active duty during at least one designated time period http://www.legion.org/scholarships/samsung
· The National High School Oratorical Contest Scholarship. First place = $18,000, second = $16,000, and third = $14,000 http://www.legion.org/scholarships/oratorical
· Eagle Scout of the Year http://www.legion.org/scholarships/eaglescout
American Red Cross Navin Narayan College Scholarship - $1,000 for high school seniors planning to attend a 4-year university and who have served a minimum of two years as a Red Cross volunteer http://redcrossyouth.org/scholarships/navin-narayan-college-scholarship/
AXA Foundation - Apply online by February 1, 2016 https://us.axa.com/axa-foundation/about.html
Big Sun Scholarship - Application - Due June 17, 2016
How to Apply Please send us a short essay (500 - 1,000 words) answering the following questions:
How did your participation in sports during your high school years influence you?
Has your participation influenced your career goals?
Has your participation influenced how you relate to your family?
All student athletes are eligible regardless of the sport they are engaged in. The student must be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute.
Please remember to include your name and the name of the school that you are attending.
All essay submissions should be sent to: email@example.com
Bright Flight - Up to $3000 for students earning a composite score of 31 or above on the ACT OR up to $1000 for students earning a composite score of 30 on the ACT. The qualifying score must be achieved by the June test date immediately following your graduation from high school. (Only composite test scores achieved on national test dates or on special test dates approved by the testing companies are acceptable. Test scores from residual tests are not acceptable.) http://dhe.mo.gov/ppc/grants/brightflight.php
- Enroll as a first-time student and receive the scholarship in the academic year immediately following high school graduation, receipt of your General Education Development certificate, or completion of your secondary coursework, if home-schooled.
- Enroll full time at a (Students with disabilities who are enrolled in at least six credit hours may be considered to be enrolled full time.)
- Submit supplemental eligibility information, if requested, by the deadline established by the MDHE.
- Not be pursuing a degree or certificate in theology or divinity.
Burger King Scholarship - https://www.scholarshipamerica.org/burgerkingscholars/information.php - Application data must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific) by December 15, 2015. If 50,000 applications are received prior to December 15, the application will no longer be available. The November 2015 deadline has passed for 2016 graduates. 2017 graduates should check the foundation site in late summer/early fall of 2016.
DESE Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship - Amount of Scholarship: Minimum: $1100, Maximum: $1500; Application Deadline: 15-Apr;
Requirements: Applicants must be a resident of Missouri and in their senior year. Applicants must have scored in the top ten percent of the ACT exam (28 or above). Applicant cannot be attending a military school or any military affiliation; Eligibility: College freshman. http://www.scholarships4school.com/
Christian College Scholarships - http://www.christianconnector.com/
Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarship - Application deadline October 31 for the following year. http://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/applicants/#programs Application closed on October 31, 2015. It will reopen in August 2016 and will accept applications from those students graduating in 2017.
Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) - http://www.mssdar.org/ - Essay contest by local nomination.
Disabled American Veterans (DAV) – $500 academic scholarship for 2015. To be eligible for the scholarship one must be a High School Senior in Bates, Cass and Henry Counties, the son, daughter, grandson or granddaughter of a veteran eligible for D.A.V. membership. Application must be submitted by April 24, 2015. If you have any question please contact Laurence E. Truman, Jr. at 816-518-3264 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF Application MS Word Application
Discover Card Scholarships – Several available as listed Scholarships by Category | Discover Student Loans
E-Waste Scholarship, by Digital Responsibility – $500 - $1500 – 2 available
Who may enter: High school freshmen, sophomores, juniors or seniors; current or entering college or graduate school students of any level. Home-schooled students are also eligible. There is no age limit. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
This scholarship helps students understand the impact of e-waste and what can be done to reduce e-waste.
How to apply: Complete the online application form including a 140-character message about e-waste. The top 10 applications will be selected as finalists. The finalists will be asked to write a full length 500- to 1,000-word essay about e-waste. Only online applications are accepted.
Deadline: Annually on April 30 Awards: The winner will receive a $1,500 scholarship, and the runner-up will receive a $500 scholarship. How we'll select the winner: We'll select the 10 finalists based on the content of the 140-character message. The winner and runner-up will be selected based on the content and creativity of the 500- to 1,000-word essay.
Award notification: Finalists will be notified by email. Winners will be notified by email and postal mail.
Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Competition – Deadline December 5 for the following fall. http://www.elks.org/enf/scholars/mvs.cfm
Elks National Foundation Legacy Awards Competition – Deadline 12:00 noon Central Time on January 29, 2016 for fall 2016. Legacy Awards are $4,000 scholarships ($1,000 per year for four years) for children and grandchildren of Elks members. The Foundation will offer a total of up to 250 awards. http://www.elks.org/enf/Scholars/legacy.cfm
Ellis Foundation - Check with the Counselor – Needs based
Foot Locker Scholarship - https://www.footlockerscholarathletes.com/ For the 2016/17 school year, the fifth consecutive year, Foot Locker will be awarding $20,000 college scholarships to outstanding student athletes who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and strong leadership skills in sports, school and within their communities. As a new addition to the program this year, one of our twenty winners will also be selected for the Ken C. Hicks scholarship for demonstrating superior educational achievement, outstanding leadership, and a true love of the game. This winner will receive an additional $5000 award (for a total of $25,000). The December 2015 deadline has passed for 2016 graduates. 2017 graduates should check the Foot Locker site in late summer/early fall of 2016.
GE / Regan Scholarship Foundation - http://www.reaganfoundation.org/scholars-program.aspx - Deadline January 7, 2016. The January 2016 deadline has passed for 2016 graduates. 2017 graduates should check the foundation site in fall 2016 for updated information.
Be currently attending or planning on attending a post-secondary institution in Canada or the US in the fall of 2016.
Submit a short story. Detailed instructions can be found on the application page.
Have a GPA of 2.5 or greater.
Be a resident of the United States or Canada.
Hagan Scholarship - http://haganscholarships.org/ - The Hagan Scholarships are for high achieving rural students who will require financial assistance in order to attend college. These students will graduate from a public high school located in an eligible state and in a county having fewer than 50,000 residents. Hagan Scholars attend 134 different colleges and universities. The November 2015 deadline has passed for 2016 graduates. 2017 graduates should check the foundation site in late summer/early fall of 2016.
Homecoming Queen – Check with the Counselor
Horatio Alger Association – Deadline November for the following fall. https://scholars.horatioalger.org/
Irene & Leeta Wagy Memorial Scholarship – Harmony Mission Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, is offering a scholarship opportunity for the current senior class. This scholarship is offered to a senior from one of the following area school districts: Adrian, Appleton City, Ballard, Butler, Hume, Miami and Rich Hill. The scholarship amount is $500 per semester and must be applied to any Missouri educational institution offering courses above the high school level. It is renewable at the option of the chapter up to a total of $4,000. Return to your counselor in advance of the March 1, 2016 deadline. - Application
John Byron Corbin Charitable Trust – Priority is income based. Scholarships granted in prior years have been for $1500 per school year, renewable each year as long as satisfactory grades are maintained and required reports are submitted. Deadline April 30, 2016. PDF Application & Instructions
Joseph J. Frank Scholarship - Due April 20, 2016 - Applicant attended a full session of Missouri Boys/Girls State. PDF Application
KFC Foundation – For KFC hourly employees - http://www.kfc.com/foundation/
KMBC Student Athlete – Check with the Counselor
Lillie Lois Ford Scholarship Fund - Due April 20, 2016 - Two awards of $1000 each are given each year. One to a boy who has attended a full session of The American Legion Boys State of Missouri or a full session of the Department's Cadet Patrol Academy. The second award is given to a girl who has attended a full session of The American Legion Auxiliary's Girls State program or a full session of the Department's Cadet Patrol Academy. PDF Application
Megan Meier Foundation Scholarship - http://www.meganmeierfoundation.org/megan-meier-memorial-scholarship.html - The November deadline has passed for 2016 graduates. 2017 graduates should check the foundation site in late summer/early fall of 2016.
Opal M. Huffman Charitable Trust Fund - Opal M. Huffman, a long time resident of Bates County, Missouri, established the Opal M. Huffman Charitable Trust for the purpose of providing scholarships to residents of Adrian and Butler, Missouri communities and surrounding areas.
Eligibility: The students eligible for assistance are as follows: The recipient must be under the age of twenty five; The recipient must have a high school diploma or GED; Scholarships may be awarded for post secondary education; including but not limited to: universities, colleges, junior colleges and trade/technical schools.
Amount: $2,500 first semester, renewable for $1,000 per semester
Deadline: March 15, 2016
How to Apply
- Click here to access the application: https://growyourgiving.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.
Contact: Greater Kansas City Community Foundation (email@example.com)
**OUT OF THE EASY WRITING SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST - Due May 30, 2015**
Mediacom Scholarship - $1,000 – Deadline February 15, 2016 http://www.mediacomworldclass.com/
Missouri 4-H Scholarships – 4-H Members - Sixty scholarships are available, each ranging from $500 to $2,500. One scholarship application permits the applicant to be considered for any available scholarship, subject to conditions specified by the donor. Guidelines & forms available at http://4h.missouri.edu/recognition/scholarships/
Missouri Department of Higher Education – Check the website at http://dhe.mo.gov/ppc/grants/ for information on Federal Grants, State Grants & Scholarships, College & University Grants & Scholarships, etc.
Missouri JCI Senate - Each year $1,000 grants will be awarded to high school seniors who are U.S. citizens graduating from U.S. accredited schools, and plan to continue their education at accredited post-secondary colleges, universities or vocational schools. The number of grants awarded annually will be at the discretion of the United States JCI Senate Foundation. They must be used for educational expenses in the first year of full-time study. Checks awarded will be made out in the name of the recipient and the educational institution of their choice.
The deadline for return of the completed application form to MOST state chairperson is January 15, 2016. The Missouri contact is Wendy Cox, 16509 Winter Leaf Dr., Wildwood, MO 63001. firstname.lastname@example.org
MUSIC Scholarship - Due February 1, 2016 (See Mrs. Bridges)
National Co-op Scholarship Program, WACE - WACE encourages minority and female students as well as students interested in science, mathematics, engineering and technology (SMET) to apply for this merit co-op scholarship. Please note the selection of scholarship winners is decided by each partner institution. All scholarships are non-transferable. Please follow this link: http://www.waceinc.org/scholarship/partners.html for a list of partnering institutions. Please complete the National Co-op Scholarship Program Application, online at http://www.waceinc.org/scholarship/scholonlineapp.html or by mail with the PDF application availabe on the above site including a typed one-page essay (200-words) describing why you have chosen to pursue a college cooperative education program.
Odenza Marketing Group Scholarship - $500 – Deadline March 30, 2016 – Info and application available at http://www.odenzascholarships.com/awards/9/application_odenza_marketing_group_scholarship.php
Rocket 55 - $1,000 - This year, you can qualify for our scholarship by writing an essay. We have provided three topics, choose and write about the one that interests you the most. Your essay should be 300 – 500 words in length. All submissions must be uploaded by 11:59pm CST on May 31, 2016 http://www.rocket55.com/scholarship.php
ROTC Scholarships – http://www.usmilitary.com/3888/education-rotc-marine-corps-options/
Sleeklens Academic Scholarship - https://sleeklens.com/the-sleeklens-academic-scholarship/ - $2000 - Deadline March 31, 2016
**SMART (Science, Mathematics And Research for Transformation) - established by the Department of Defense (DoD) to support undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. The program aims to increase the number of civilian scientists and engineers working at DoD laboratories. http://smart.asee.org/
Steamer’s Carpet Care - $500. The application deadline is March 31st 2016 and will be awarded May 2016. http://www.steamerscarpetcare.com/carpet-care-scholarship/
USAA Scholarship (Dr. George A. Stevens Founder’s Award) - To be eligible for consideration, the student must be nominated by an educator and must return the Student Biography form to the Academy. http://www.usaa-academy.com/benefitsmenu.html
**US Bank Scholarship - https://www.usbank.com/community/financial-education/scholarship.html
Union Plus Scholarship – For Union members and their children - $500 - $4,000 http://www.unionplus.org/college-education-financing/scholarships/
**Vietnam Veterans of America – Don E. Pollock Chapter 918 Memorial Scholarship – Must be a descendant of a Veteran who served in the Vietnam Era (Feb. 20, 1961 – May 7, 1975 – relative did not have to serve in Vietnam, but only serve in this time period) - $1000 scholarship, payable in two payments; $500 for two semesters beginning the fall semester. There are two scholarships issued this year and eighteen schools participating in the counties surrounding Vernon County. This application must be received by our Chapter no later than April 1, 2015**. Application
WalMart Foundation – For WalMart associates and their dependents http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/associate-scholarships
Wendy's Heisman Scholarship - Information- Application process should open July 1, 2016 with a deadline the first part of October 2016 for 2017 graduates.
*Participate in Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, or Softball
*Be a leader in school and in the community and serve as a role model for underclassmen
James L. and Nellie M. Westlake Scholarship Program – Deadline February 1, 2016 http://www.sms.scholarshipamerica.org/westlake/
Young Entrepreneur Foundation – Deadline January 3, 2016. http://www.nfib.com/foundations/yef/yef-programs/young-entrepreneur-awards/
**Bates County Cattlemen - For students entering Ag related studies - See Mrs. Bridges or Mr. Smith - Deadline May 1, 2016.
**Heartland Tractor / Case Scholarship Application - Due April 17, 2015**
1. To be eligible, the applicant must be a present or past graduate from a Cass, Bates, Vernon or Barton County High School and be enrolled in a college or university in the fall of the current year.
2. First preference will be given to a student enrolled in agriculture, or closely related field of study.
3. A great amount of emphasis will be placed on diligence and perseverance as demonstrated by involvement in extra curricular and community activities.
4. Other considerations will include academic achievements, citizenship, church involvement, and attitude precepts.
**Hartzler Equipment Company and Case HI Scholarship Application - Application must be received by April 20, 2015**
- Must be a present or past graduate from a Cass, Bates, Cedar, St. Clair, Vernon, or Barton County High School and enrolled in a college or university in the fall of the current year.
- First preference will be given to a student enrolled in agriculture or closely related field of study.
Farm Kids for College Scholarship - $1,000 (3 awarded) – Deadline March 3, 2016 – Must major in an agricultural field at an accredited college or university. – Application includes 2 essays. Application available at http://www.nfo.org/scholarships/default.aspx or on the Ballard R-2 School Student drive / Segregated / Seniors / Counselor / Scholarships.
Missouri Corn Scholarship – For students who plan to attend a two-year or four-year Missouri college or university and major in agronomy or related field. http://mocorn.org/resources/education/scholarships/ Download applications for 2016 Missouri Corn Scholarship Program
High School Seniors: PDF Application – OR – MS Word Application
College Juniors: PDF Application – OR – MS Word Application
Missouri Farm Bureau - Farm Bureau provides a number of scholarship opportunities for students pursuing careers within the scope of agriculture. You may download this printable scholarships brochure. Scholarships available include:
- Charles E. Kruse Scholarship - $1,000 - Recipients must be Missouri residents and they, their parent(s), or guardians must hold a current Farm Bureau membership in Missouri. They must be a high school senior enrolling in a 4-year college or university with a declared major in an agricultural field and enrolled in the fall semester of the year in which the scholarship is awarded. Application deadline is March 15, 2016. For your convenience: Application may be printed or filled out prior to printing but cannot be electronically submitted. Please fax or mail to address indicated on the bottom of the application. Complete the application and return it to Missouri Farm Bureau.
- C.R. Johnston Scholarship - See MU section below.
- Missouri Farm Bureau Scholarship - See MU section below.
- MFB Foundation for Agriculture Scholarship - The Missouri Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture provides $6,000 in scholarships to outstate institutions with active agricultural programs and Collegiate Farm Bureau Chapters. Recipients must be pursuing a degree in agriculture and their parents must be members of Farm Bureau.
University of Central Missouri
College of the Ozarks
Northwest Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University
Missouri State University
Truman State University
Application may be made by contacting the Department of Agriculture at each school.
- MFB Ambassador Scholarship - The Missouri Farm Bureau Ambassador program provides an opportunity for young leaders to represent agriculture and Farm Bureau for one year. One male and one female applicant will be selected each year at the Annual Meeting of the Missouri Farm Bureau Federation. A $1,250 scholarship will be awarded to the two ambassadors. Applicants must be selected by their county Farm Bureau to participate in the state wide competition. They must be 17-22 years of age, and their family must be a Farm Bureau member one year prior to the September 30 deadline. Applicants must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a two- or four-year college, university or vocational/ technical school. Students wishing to apply should contact their county Farm Bureau for additional information.
- Bates County Farm Bureau Scholarship - Bates County Farm Bureau will provide a $200 scholarship to a graduating senior who is a child of a current Bates County Farm Bureau member. Criteria include, but are not limited to, agriculture background or major along with being active in high school and community. The completed application must be delivered to the office of Bates County Farm Bureau, Butler, Missouri, on or before April 1, 2016.
- Vocational Scholarship Program - Missouri Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture awards four $500 scholarships annually to students pursuing a degree or appropriate certification in fields related to and supportive of agriculture. This includes, but is not limited to: 1) Heavy Equipment Operations; 2) Electronics; 3) Welding; and 4) Diesel and Farm Machinery Repair. All applicants or their parents or guardians must hold an active Farm Bureau member, must be enrolled as a full time student, must be enrolled for the fall semester of the year in which the scholarship is awarded and must be pursuing an associate of applied science degree or certification in a trade related to agriculture as listed above. Refer here to view scholarship guidelines and requirements. Please fax or mail to address indicated on the bottom. Completed application package must be postmarked by March 31, 2016. For your convenience: The application may be printed or filled out prior to printing but cannot be electronically submitted.
National FFA Scholarship Program - https://www.ffa.org/scholarships More than 1,800 scholarships are available. Click here for details and a list of 2016 sponsors.
Seth Thomas Memorial Scholarship – $500 to be awarded at the Bates County Fair. Preference will be given to individuals pursuing an education and career in agriculture. Deadline for applications is June 1, 2016. - Info & PDF Application
USDA 1890 National Scholars Program, Lincoln University(only MO university…others in different states) – agriculture, food, natural resource sciences, or other related academic disciplines – Preference given to minorities. - Deadline April 11, 2016 http://www.outreach.usda.gov/education/1890/index.htm
**Hawthorn Bank - https://www.hawthornbank.com/personal-programs-scholarships.htm Hawthorn Bank awards $1,000 scholarships to four deserving high school seniors to help them complete their education. Just answer a few questions, write a couple of short essays and you could be one of the winners. Click here for 2015 Scholarship Application Deadline is March 31, 2015.**
- Applicant must currently be a senior in High School.
- Applicant must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or above.
- Applicant must plan to pursue a higher education degree in business or finance.
- Applicant must have received no more than 4 disciplinary actions while in high school (e.g., detentions, ISS, OSS, etc.)
- Applicant must submit the completed and signed scholarship application to any Hawthorn Bank location no later than March 31, 2015**. Mailed applications must be postmarked on or before March 31, 2015.
- All information must be typed (no handwritten applications will be accepted) and all additional sheets must be stapled to the application form.
Walton Scholarship, University of Missouri - See MU below.
MSCPA Scholarship - http://mocpa.org/students/scholarships High school seniors are awarded $500, and college students earn $1,250 to use toward their accounting education. A minority scholarship is also offered, and recipients receive $1,250. The highest-rated college applicant is presented the Don Breimeier Memorial Scholarship, which is an additional $1,000. Online applications will be accepted through Friday, February 26, 2016
Applicants must be: MSCPA college or high school student members, which is free of charge and can be obtained online; Recommended by an educator or school administrator; Missouri residents and a U.S. citizen (or child of an MSCPA member); Enrolled in at least 12 course hours at a college/university in Missouri (high school seniors enrolled upon graduation); and Declared as an accounting major.
- High School Scholarship Application
- College Scholarship Application
- Minority Scholarship Application—applicants must be Black, Native American/Alaskan Native, Middle-Eastern, Asian or Pacific Island races, or of Hispanic ethnic origin
- Recommendation Form—to be completed by an educator or school administrator
- Complimentary Student Membership Application—high school students
- Complimentary Student Membership Application—college students
**Missouri Insurance Education Foundation – $1500 scholarships to deserving Missouri high school graduating seniors interested in or intending to pursue an insurance, risk management or actuarial science course of study in a Missouri college or university. Deadline: March 31**. The application and a pdf fillable application is available at www.mief.org.
John Dennis Scholarship, Missouri Sheriffs' Association - https://www.mosheriffs.com/scholarships/ $1000 will be presented to sixteen college-bound Missouri high school seniors who intend to pursue a criminal justice career and will be attending a Missouri college or university. Download the Application Form (Due January 31)
Conservation Foundation of Missouri - http://conservemo.org/ - Multiple scholarships available, as follows
Charles P. Bell Grants & Scholarships - http://conservemo.org/scholarships-and-grants/charles-p-bell-conservation-grants-and-scholarships/ - $500 - Deadline January 15, 2016.
Ed Stegner Natural Resource Scholarship - Application & Info Due December 31, 2015 - Must plan on majoring in one five areas of natural resource management: forestry, wildlife, parks and recreation and soil and water conservation. The December deadline has passed for 2016 graduates. 2017 graduates should complete the application by December 31, 2016.
Missouri Conservation Agents Association Scholarship - Up to $500 per academic year. http://www.moagent.com/scolarship.shtml
- The number and monetary value of scholarships to be awarded will be decided by the MCAA Board of Directors on an annual basis.
- The applicant will be a Missouri Resident.
- The applicant will be a U.S. Citizen.
- The applicant must be pursuing a degree in Biology, Wildlife Management, Forestry, Fisheries, Ecology, Agriculture, Criminal Justice or a field of study closely related to the preceding subjects.
- The applicant must be an under-graduate student of an accredited college, university, or trade school; or a high school student entering college.
- The student will be a full-time student as defined by the college, university, or trade school being attended.
- The applicant must have a current and a cumulative minimum grade point average of 2.5 to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The applicant must submit a transcript along with the application.
- The applicant must submit a 500 word essay telling why they would like the scholarship.
Missouri Department of Natural Resources/Environmental Education Scholarship Program
$2,000 scholarship to minority and other underrepresented students pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in an environmental course of study. Must be a Missouri resident having a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or if enrolled in college, must have cumulative GPA of 2.5.
NWFA Wood Flooring Scholarship - Eligibility: Current high school senior; GPA of 3.0 or higher; ACT score of 25 or higher, or SAT score of 1800 or higher; Future study at a four-year college/university in the field of forestry, environmental science, or natural resources. Application and all materials postmarked by February 1, 2016 http://www.nwfa.org/nwfa-wood-studies-scholarship.aspx
Soil and Water Conservation Society Show-Me Chapter - http://www.moswcs.org/ Due November 30, 2015 - For students who plan on majoring in conservation or natural resources-related field. The November deadline has passed for 2016 graduates. 2017 graduates should check the foundation site in late summer/early fall of 2016.
ENGINEERING, TECHNOLOGY, DESIGN SCHOLARSHIPS
Buick Achievers Scholarship - Up to $25,000 per year to 50 first-time or existing college students, renewable for up to four years, and one additional year for those entering a qualified five-year engineering program. Students must plan to major in a specified course of study that focuses on Engineering, Technology, or select Design and Business related programs of study (See the list of eligible majors); demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries using these areas of study; and enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for the entire 2015–16 academic year. Proprietary and online schools are not eligible. Apply online at http://www.buickachievers.com/ The application period will open January 4, 2016 and close at 5 p.m. EST on February 29, 2016.
**Adrian Community Theatre's Fine Arts Scholarship - Deadline is May 1, 2015** - Application
Washington Crossing Foundation - Scholarships of $500 to $5,000 for students planning careers in government service, for study at the college of the recipient's choice. (Other awards in amounts as the judges may determine.) http://www.gwcf.org/AppDownload.html Deadline: January 15, 2016
HEALTH OCCUPATIONS SCHOLARSHIPS
Bates County Hospital Auxillary - For students going into the Healthcare field. - Check with the Counselor
Zeta Gilvin Educaitonal Scholarship, GVMH – Check with the Counselor
M.D. "Jack" Murphy Memorial Nurses Training Scholarship - Due April 20, 2016 - The $750.00 scholarship award will be paid at the beginning of the student’s first semester at their college of choice. Registrar’s certification of enrollment is required before payment will be made. A check will be issued to joint payees, the recipient and the Scholarship and Awards Officer or equivalent official at the school.
- One applicant planning a career as a Registered Nurse. The scholarship must be used the first fall semester upon completion of high school.
- Must be the descendent* of a veteran having served 90 days on active duty in the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps or Coast Guard of the United States, and having an honorable discharge. A copy of the veteran's discharge or separation notice must be submitted with the application. The copy must show the date the veteran entered service and the date the veteran left service.
- Be a resident of the state of Missouri.
- Shall be an unmarried dependent under the age of 21.
- Must be attending an accredited college / university as a full-time student.
- Consideration for scholarship will be determined annually for high school graduates in NEED of financial aid to attend a college / university.
- Applicant must graduate in the top 40% of his / her class. Counselor's statement must be attached.
This scholarship may be obtained on the web at http://www.missourilegion.org
**Erman W. Taylor Memorial Scholarship - Due April 20, 2015** - *Two $500 awards are given annually to a student planning on obtaining a degree in education, in honor of this Past National Executive Committeeman from Missouri. See application for other criteria. PDF Application
**Esther Gilbreath Scholarship - $300 for a senior female who desires to meet the qualifications as a teacher. Sponsored by Missouri Nu Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa International Sorority for Women Educators. Scholarship Chairperson: Kay Thompson, P.O. Box 312, Hume, Missouri 64752
No Website - See Mrs. Bridges for a copy of scholarship application or pick one up from the scholarship table. Application Postmark Date: March 1, 2015**
Golden Valley Memorial Hospital – Check with the Counselor
West Central Retired School Personnel Association – One year non-renewable scholarship of at least $500 to any senior who is choosing the teaching profession as a career. Turn in your application to your counselor in advance of the March 1, 2016 deadline. - Application
Merit Scholarships – Based on ACT and/or GPA. Available at all colleges/universities. Be sure to check.
COLLEGE OF THE OZARKS
College of the Ozarks Work Study Program - Hard Work U
LINCOLN UNIVERSITY http://www.lincolnu.edu/
USDA 1890 National Scholars Program, Lincoln University(only MO university…others in different states) – agriculture, food, natural resource sciences, or other related academic disciplines – Preference given to minorities. - Deadline April 11, 2016 http://www.outreach.usda.gov/education/1890/index.htm
METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY COLLEGES http://www.mcckc.edu/
Metropolitan Community College Scholarships - Each year, the Metropolitan Community College Foundation & Alumni Association provides students with scholarships to allow them to continue to excel in their educational goals. These scholarships vary in their fields, the amount and the requirements to apply for them. However, they are all provided by the generosity of independent donors, MCC alumni, businesses, organizations and the campus community. To apply online: www.mcckc.edu/scholarshipsearch
Metropolitan Community College Superintendent’s Leadership Scholarships – Check with the Counselor
MISSOURI SOUTHERN STATE UNIVERSITY http://www.mssu.edu/
MSSU Presidential Scholarship – based on ACT composite, GPA & class rank - $1,750 per academic year, renewable http://www.mssu.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/presidential-scholarship.php
Eligibility calculator: http://www.mssu.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/scholarships.php
MSSU Excellence Scholarship – based on ACT composite, GPA & class rank - $1,750 per acaddmic year, renewable http://www.mssu.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/excellence-scholarship.php
Eligibility calculator: http://www.mssu.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/scholarships.php
MSSU A+ Leadership Scholarship – first-time freshmen from A+ MO High School - $1,000 per academic year A+ Leadership Scholarship for qualified first time freshmen
MSSU Foundation Scholarships – Foundation Scholarships are funds donated to the university from a variety of sources. These funds come from private individuals, clubs, foundations, memorials, and local organizations. Each Donor has established the scholarship and the eligibility criteria. Donors may change awards or may not renew their scholarship the next year.
The selection of recipients is the responsibility of the Performing Aid and Scholarship Committee. This committee has entrusted the daily responsibility to the Scholarship Office.
Foundation Scholarships are not automatically renewed. Applicants must reapply each year by the March 1st deadline in order to be considered for funding the next year.
Students must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Amount: $50.00 to $4,200 per academic year.
Apply Online by March 1st (late applications will be considered).
MSSU Teacher Education Scholarships – Several available: http://www.mssu.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/teacher-education-scholarships.php
MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY http://www.missouristate.edu/
MSU Institutionally Funded Scholarships – several available http://www.missouristate.edu/FinancialAid/scholarships/Freshman.htm
MSU Donor Funded Scholarships – several available http://www.missouristate.edu/FinancialAid/scholarships/GeneralScholarships.htm
NORTHWEST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY http://www.nwmissouri.edu/
Many scholarships available (too many to list!) http://www.nwmissouri.edu/FINAID/scholarships/index.htm
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI http://missouri.edu/
Many scholarships available at https://diversity.missouri.edu/learn/scholarships/
Walton Scholarship, MU - Sam M. Walton Scholarships in Business are awarded to incoming freshmen and current college students majoring in economics, finance, international business, management, or marketing at the MU College of Business. Accountancy majors are not eligible for the Walton Scholarship. The primary qualifications are academic achievement & financial need (you must fill out the FAFSA). Additional consideration is given to an expressed interest in retailing. Recipients must progress toward a business degree, work part-time (10-12 hours per week) in retailing, and participate in Walton Scholar activities while attending MU. This renewable scholarship provides $7,500 per year prior to receiving the BSBA degree.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE:
- Be admitted to MU with a declared Business interest.
- Return the completed Walton Scholarship Application with your attached personal statement and transcript(s) to the address below by February 1, 2016.
- By March 1, 2016, submit the 2016-17 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the address indicated on that form, requesting that your financial data be released to MU. (It takes several weeks for MU to receive this information. We must have it in order to consider you for the scholarship.)
RETURN APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
Sam M. Walton Scholarship Program
Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business
111B Cornell Hall
Columbia, MO 65211-2600
MU General College of Business Scholarships - Several are offered, as listed at https://business.missouri.edu/programs-and-admissions/undergraduate/scholarships-financial-aid/general-college-business. Students must be accepted and enrolled in the Trulaske College of Business to receive a Trulaske College of Business scholarship. You are required to complete an online scholarship application.
Farmhouse Fraternity, MU - http://www.mizzoufh.com/scholarship-programshttp://www.mizzoufh.com/scholarship-programs
Mizzou Alumni Scholarships - Various scholarships available - Incoming students apply online by December 15, 2015 - http://mizzou.com/s/1002/index.aspx?sid=1002&gid=1001&pgid=447
Missouri Farm Bureau, C.R. Johnston Scholarship, MU - Recipients must be majoring in animal sciences at the University of Missouri-Columbia and their parents must be members of Missouri Farm Bureau. In addition, recipients must have demonstrated academic achievement and have a record of leadership in agriculture. Students wishing to apply should complete the University of Missouri Scholarship application form, available at http://financialaid.missouri.edu/types-of-aid/scholarships/mu-scholarship-application/index.php.
For more information write, call or go online to:
Associate Dean of Academic Programs
College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
2-64 Agriculture Building
Columbia, MO 65211 (573) 882-0089
Missouri Farm Bureau Scholarship, MU - One $1,000 award will be made in the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources and one in Human Environmental Sciences. Awards will be made to a qualifying sophomore, junior or senior pursuing a bachelor of science degree in agriculture (except animal science) and human environmental sciences. Families of recipients must be members of the Missouri Farm Bureau Federation. Students wishing to apply should complete the College of Agriculture scholarship form or contact:
Student Financial Aids Office
11 Jesse Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL MISSOURI https://www.ucmo.edu/
UCM Red & Black Scholarship - Value: Based on cumulative high school GPA (6th or 7th semester), and ACT composite score achieved on or before the February 2016 national ACT test (or SAT score earned on or before the January 2016 national SAT test). The UCM Scholarship Eligibility Calculator may be used to estimate the value.
Eligibility: To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Incoming freshman student
- Admitted to UCM by the December 1, 2015 priority consideration deadline as a regularly-admitted freshman. Red & Black Scholarships are limited in number. If scholarship funds are still available to award after December 1, 2015, qualifying students will be awarded on a first-come basis (based on date admitted to UCM) until the scholarship funds are depleted.
To Apply: Submit the UCM Application for Admission, high school transcript, ACT composite score, and application for admission fee. No other application is necessary for the Red & Black Scholarship. Completing the application for admission process prior to December 1, 2014 is strongly encouraged. Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail at their home address.
UCM Alumni Legacy Scholarship - Value varies -
To be considered, a student must:
· Be a graduating high school senior or have earned a GED
· Be the child or grandchild of a UCM alumnus who has earned a two-year, four-year, masters, education specialist or cooperative doctorate degree at UCM
· Have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0
· Demonstrate leadership abilities in high school and community activities
· Possess high standards of character as evidenced by letters of recommendation
The Alumni Legacy Scholarship may be received in addition to other University of Central Missouri funded scholarships.
To Apply: Details regarding the scholarship and the online scholarship application are available at www.ucmo.edu/foundation/scholarships. Alumni Legacy Scholarships are competitive and are limited in number. Apply by March 1, 2016.
Not Renewable: The value will be divided evenly between the Fall and Spring semesters of the recipient’s freshman year.
OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE http://www.otc.edu/
Ozarks Technical Community College (Springfield, MO) – Financial Aid resources: http://www.otc.edu/financialaid/financialaid.php